Architecture, archetypes and films
- Examples of existing iconic and symbolic buildings, their purpose and meaning.
- What rules and limitations shape them?
- Examples of visionary architecture (utopian and dystopian) and its biblical and mythological expression.
- Complexity of the design: geometry within geometry, space within space.
- How the styles in architecture and genres in film work together and the importance of their collaboration for the overall feel of the film.
- Why the architectural styles were adapted in films.
- Breaking the rules. Mobility and flexibility of the architectural designs. Intelligent architecture and its role in films.
- The heritage the films deliver to the public through rendering an architectural image.
- How these images resonate and how the public consumes them. The Jungian theory about archetypes.
- The freedom for visual expression and experience.
Chapter Three: TBC
- Three films from different age to prove how scenes and structures covered above resonate and influence the public.
- How far we can with the next generation of futuristic architects?