Sunday 7 February 2016

Major Project Ideas

IDEA FOR MAJOR PROJECT

Dante Alighieri's DIVINE COMEDY
INFERNO OR PURGATORIO

At the moment I am trying to decide purelly creatively and technically which one of these two parts of the epic poem to interpret. 

INFERNO: This composition of the 9 circles of Hell is quite diabolic and dark place and probably too much to digest as mood and colours. Especially the moment at the end when Dante and his friend Virgil meet the center of it. With other words meet the Devil.

PURGATORIO:  This second part of the Divine Comedy is between Hell and Paradise. It is less dramatic but eerie enough and easier to interpret without going crazy in sets. It features 7 levels.

In terms of influence this is something I would like my project to look like; This poem is closely related to my dissertation because Purgatorio outlines the nature of sins, morality and love. I would like my project to include romantically apocaliptic sets and resonate the meaning of Purgatorio.

Yuri Shwedoff

Yuri Shwedoff

Masashi Wakui

No comments:

Post a Comment